Monday, May 21, 2007

Unhealthy Car Smells

Jeanne writes: "I have had problems buying a used car.  They must be using some newer foams, glues, etc.  I am having problems with odors in even 2002 models.  My husband thinks the odors are coming from the fabric in the seats.  I can’t stand leather because of the dyes.  Do you have any suggestions?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jeanne,  I just read that Car Talk has a page on their website about car odors: http://cartalk.com/content/features/toxic/

Follow their link to the fascinating interview and then go to www.healthycar.org for more information. Good luck!



Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone told me that the film on the inside of car windows is the accumulation of plastic and other chemicals collecting on the glass.

<<Yes, this film is very hard to remove, especially with typical cleaners. I
use Super Clean with some washing soda added. I follow with a clean water
rinse and then a buffing action when drying. It works pretty well without
smearing. Don't skip the washing soda.>>